This is a livestreaming Groupmuse Virtual Concert
A live virtual performance with community videochat and a Q&A with the artists.
Seth & Chelsea: "Vignettes"
San Francisco, CA
Sat, February 20, 2021 4:30 PM, PST
- 81 of 100 spots still available
- No COVID-19 restrictions
- Bring your own drinks
- No bathroom at this event
Join us for our first concert of the New Year! We've learned several new pieces for this one, most of which you've likely never heard before. We'll bring you colorful "Vignettes" from composers Handel, Piatti, and Debussy, as well a jazzy oboe/cello duo!
Seth and Chelsea have been playing virtual Groupmuses together since last Winter, and Seth has been playing Groupmuses since they got started in Boston eight years ago. Seth has degrees in Cello Performance from the Eastman School of Music, New England Conservatory, and the University of Texas at Austin, and Chelsea studied oboe at the Cincinnati Conservatory. Seth teaches and performs in the Greater Bay Area of California, and Chelsea plays oboe in the US Air Force Band of the Golden West.
What's the music?
- Debussy, "Passepied" from Suite Bergamasque (1905), arr. for Cello and Oboe (2020)
- Cassado, Fugue in the style of Handel (1949)
- Reger, Suite no. 2 in D Minor for Solo Cello (1915): I. Präludium II. Gavotte III. Largo IV. Gigue
- Piatti, Cello Caprice no. 12 (1865)
- Goplerud, "Vignettes from the Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane" (2006): I. Jangles Dances for Pennies II. Malone's Hobo Song III. Down But Not Out