This is a livestreaming Groupmuse Virtual Concert
A live virtual performance with community videochat and a Q&A with the artists.
Strange Interlude: Folk Songs & Friendship on Harp & Cello
Sun, May 16, 2021 2:00 PM, PDT
- 100 spots total at this groupmuse
- Bring your own drinks
Join your friendly neighborhood Strange Interlude as our harp and cello duo shares some folk songs and fellowship livestreamed from Los Angeles, CA right into your very own living rooms! (Or dining room, or porch swing, or swimming pool, or park bench - we don't judge as long as you're comfy and enjoying the music! ;)
This program includes works that explore a variety of folk traditions and exude the warmth and friendship that Groupmuse is known for. In addition to some delightful tunes, we'll be sharing some stories and conversation to bring you deeper inside the pieces we'll be sharing and as an extra special treat, we may even be enjoying a guest appearance by one of the composers on the program!
Lily & Simon
harp | cello
Luciano Berio: Selections from Folk Songs
1. Black is the colour (USA)
2. I wonder as I wander (USA)
3. Loosin yelav (Armenia)
4. Rossignolet du bois (France)
5. A la femminisca (Sicily)
6. La donna ideale (Italy)
8. Motettu de Tristura (Sardinia)
9. Malorous qu'o un fenno (Auvergne [France])
7. Ballo (Italy)
Robert Schumann: 5 Stücke im Volkston, Op.102 (5 Pieces in a Folk Style)
I. Mit Humor
III. Nicht Schnell
Jessi Harvey: Lemur Meets Panda
- Once upon a Time
- an Introduction of Characters: Aye-Aye! - Panda. - Hellos
- a comedy of differences: Cold N Play - Heat Haze - Night Stars - Day Sun
- a revelation of noms: Crunch and Search - Crunch and Hone in - Crunch and Gnaw - Crunch and Dig - NOMS - Wiggling Things - BAMBOO
- a collage of common denominators: Trees to the sky - A honest hello - NOMS, the sociable sequel
- an impartation of candor: Panda, sixth finger. - Aye-Aye, sixth finger! - Friends.
Thank you so much for being part of a wonderful Groupmuse yesterday - looking forward to seeing you all at the next one!
Stay in touch: