This is an in-person Groupmuse Concert
A live in-person performance in a living room or private space. They're casual and friendly, hosted by community members.
San Anselmo (The Octagon Building) A Study in Strings…What can violins, cellos and guitars do?
Sun, March 5, 2023 6:30 PM, PST
- 0 of 25 spots available
- EITHER vaccination OR negative COVID test required
- COVID vaccination with booster required (honor system)
- Negative COVID test required (48 hours)
- This is an indoor event
- Masks are not required
- Greeter will confirm safety precautions
- If you feel sick, stay home
- Bring your own drinks
- All guests must be 21
- Bathroom available
2 violins, 1 cello, 1 guitar playing Saint-Saens, Vivaldi, Eckl, in the Magical Octagon Building in San Anselmo (Good acoustic Geometry)
Requested minimum suggested contribution: $20 (from each audience member)
Arrive anytime between 6 pm and prior to 6:30 pm. The music begins at 7 pm.
Complimentary Food and drinks served.
- Baroque Fantasia, Eckl, What if Bach had a rhythm section?
- Orange Blossom, Traditional, A string quartet from the Appalachian Mountains.
- Suite in D, Vivaldi, Lesser known Vivaldi.
- Bransele, Praetorius, A dance, from France.
- Manouche Minor, Reinhardt, France, 1937. The new hot sound.
- Baroque Suite, Eckl, A new work with an old sound.
- Adagio, Eckl, A modern, yet pretty work.
- Kalinka, Traditional, A lively Eastern-European piece.
- Songs Without Words (selections), Mendelssohn, Achingly beautiful.
- Tango for 4 hands, Roudman, Four hands, one cello.
- Der Heyser Bulgar, A piece with a story and the sounds of Klezmer.
- Danse Macabre, Camille Saint-Saëns, The dance of death, by a master composer.
- Palladio, Jenkins, The fire of a string ensemble.
Beverages (both alcohol and non-alcohol) and Hors d'oeuvres will be served at no charge.
Orange Blossom Special
Vivaldi Suite In D
Off to Ireland
Tango for 4 hands
Exact address sent to approved attendees via email.
Thanks for being such a generous host, Kate! What a wonderful event.