This is an Indoor Groupmuse.
A live, in-person performance in a host's living room or another intimate venue.
Avant-Harp & Cards [at Laralyn's]
Tue, October 13, 2015 7:00 PM, EDT
- 20 spots total at this groupmuse
- Bring your own drinks
- All guests must be 21
Alright folks, it's time to mix things up.
This next Groupmuse is going to feature <a href="www.lilac94.com">Lilac 94</a>, two harpists who play contemporary and avant-garde harp music, in addition to the classical chamber repertoire.
Their program will feature several composers who wrote music specifically for the harp: Bret Bohman, Carlos Salzedo, Bernard Andres, and a few others.
Since this is a Tuesday night, I figure we can make this a relatively low-key Groupmuse with a twist.
I just got a new deck of <b><i>circus-themed</b></i> playing cards, and invite anyone who knows any card tricks [or is learning a new card trick] to christen my new deck with a touch of magic.
<b>I also recently received my Kickstarter reward for backing <a href="http://www.explodingkittens.com">Exploding Kittens</a></b>, and invite anyone who is into kittens and exploding things and laser beams <i>and sometimes goats</i> to stick around and play a few rounds after the music winds down.
The program may change slightly, but we're looking at something like this:
- Bernard Andres (b. 1941): Dyades
- Bret Bohman (b. 1982): Swirl (2015)
- Bret Bohman (b. 1982): Foglifter (2015)
- Daniel Morel (b. 1981): KC Blue (2015)
- Mithoon (arr. Christina Brier): Tum Hi Ho
- Carlos Salzedo (1885-1961): Pentacle (1928)
- George Gershwin (arr. Stanley Chaloupka): Suite from Porgy and Bess (1934)
Exact address sent to approved attendees via email.