This is an in-person Groupmuse Concert
A live in-person performance in a living room or private space. They're casual and friendly, hosted by community members.
A Boccherini aMusing night
Bayview, San Francisco
Sat, March 26, 2016 7:30 PM, PDT
- 35 spots total at this groupmuse
- Bring your own drinks
It will be a great pleasure to host our first Groupmuse on Easter vigil.
Featuring Boccherini's Night Music of the Streets of Madrid, picture yourself on a midsummer night strolling in Plaza Mayor with the chants and laughter drifting through the air.. and life rolling on..like an enchantment.
Looking forward, as Franz says, to celebrating life with you all!
Niccolo', Franz and Tarrence
Luigi Boccherini (1743-1805)
....Musica notturna delle strade di Madrid (Night Music of the Streets of Madrid), Opus 30 No. 6 (G. 324)
1. Le campane de l’Ave Maria – The Ave Maria Bell
2. Il tamburo dei Soldati – The Soldiers’ drum
3. Minuetto dei Ciechi – The Minuet of the Blind Beggars
4. Il Rosario (Largo assai, allegro, largo come prima) – The Rosary
5. Passa Calle (Allegro vivo) – The Passacaglia of the Street Singers, known as Los Manolos, lower-class loudmouths; not a true passacaglia, yet imitates their singing. In Spanish, pasacalle denotes “pass along the street”, singing as one seeks amusement.
6. Il tamburo – The drum.
7. Ritirata (Maestoso) – The retreat of the Madrid military night watch; the Watch’s patrol, announcing the curfew, and closing the streets for the night.
Franz Schubert (1797-1828)
.....movements from String Quintet in C Major
....These Feathered Walls
Exact address sent to approved attendees via email.