This is a Groupmuse Picnic.
A live, in-person performance in a safe outdoor setting.
Portlandia Brass Ensemble - Flight of Fancy
Sat, August 17, 2019 5:00 PM, PDT
- 55 spots total at this groupmuse
- Bring your own drinks
- Not accessible
- Kid-friendly event
You've seen a lot of fun, quirky stuff from us this year. But nothing like this... a Groupmuse concert on the wing of a Boeing 727 airplane. Oh no they didnt? Oh yes we will!
This concert will be outdoors, in the woods, on the wing of a private home residence on a retired airplane. The concert theme will be "Night at the Movies".
There will be several adjustments to our usual format:
1. Attendees please review and agree to our hosts information prior to arrival http://AirplaneHome.com/VisitorsInformation.html
2. Please plan for minimum per person donations of $15 for the musicians.
3. The setting is undeveloped wooded area (forest), near a vintage airplane. Attendance means you accept full responsibility for your safety and well-being.
4. Bring lawn chairs, or blankets, or plan to be comfortable standing for the duration. No seating is provided.
5. You might want to bring mosquito repellent, hats, a water bottle, long sleeves, a flashlight - anything you'd take to be comfortable in a forest setting on a summer evening.
6. There is no parking allowed outside of the property. You can drive onto the property via a dirt road. Expect to walk between a few hundred feet up to 2/10 of a mile to get to the site. Wear appropriate footwear for forest hiking.
7. Tours inside the plane before and after the concert will be provided by our host, Bruce.
8. Restrooms are available on board the plane. There is a clean-footwear protocol for anyone entering the plane.
9. Pack it in, pack it out. Leave no trace.
William Tell Overture - Rossini
American In Paris, excerpts - Gershwin
You've Got A Friend in Me - Newman
West Side Story: Somethings Coming, Maria - Bernstein
Mission Impossible - Schifrin
Jurassic Park - Williams
Aladdin - Menken
Exact address sent to approved attendees via email.