This is a Groupmuse Massivemuse
Epic performances in unexpected spaces.
Different Trains: A midsummer night's Massivemuse and then some.
Fri, July 14, 2017 7:30 PM, EDT
- 220 of 500 tickets still available
- No COVID-19 restrictions
- Don't bring your own drinks
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for sale
- No bathroom at this event
It's summer in the city. So very many of us leave, but for those of us that stick around, this season's our concrete jungle dream. And so, in honor and the interest of that, we present a rather wild Massivemuse.
Our dazzling buddies at the urban circus known as The Muse (no relation other than our mutual and undying commitment to the explosive expressive potential of every moment on this earth) have opened up their space for a multi-way collaboration to celebrate the fusing worlds of art in our Great City.
Here's how this kaleidoscopic evening extravaganza is going to go down:
7:30 PM: Doors
8:30: Samuel Barber's Adagio for strings, featuring four of the best players this city has to offer
8:45: Music from Aitor Etxebarria's score for MARKAK - a new documentary about the bombing of Guernica
9:30: Steve Reich's modern minimalist masterwork Different Trains **with a brand new acrobatic choreography by members of The Muse's in-house circus company ABCirque.
10: Afterparty with a DJ set and a dance party
11:30 Nowadays down the street for the after, after party.
If you've never been to The Muse, words cannot describe. It's a psychedelic kingdom warehouse with an amphitheater-in-progress outside.
We can't wait to share this with all of you.
1. Early bird tickets are available for the next week at $20. After that, they'll be $25 and they'll be $30 at the door.
2. Because this is a real collaboration between different and aligned communities, for this event, we're going to share the mailing list of ticket buyers between Groupmuse, The Muse and Bespoke.
What's the music?
Samuel Barber's Adadio for Strings
Aitor Etxebarria's Music for MARKAK
Steve Reiche's Different Trains
Our Evening's String Quartet
Violin, Brendan Speltz
Violin, Alex Fortes
Viola, Milena Pajaro Van De Stadt
Cello, Nicholas Finch
Aitor Etxebarria Band